Equinix Appoints Scott Crenshaw as EVP & GM, Digital Services – PR Newswire
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. , Aug. 1, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX ), the world’s digital infrastructure company™, today announced the appointment of Scott Crenshaw to the position of Executive Vice President & General Manager, Digital Services.
In this newly created role, Crenshaw will be responsible for driving the growth and strategy of Equinix’s suite associated with digital services, including Equinix Fabric™, Equinix Metal ® and Network Edge. He will have direct responsibility for product management and the associated software engineering teams supporting these offerings.
Crenshaw’s appointment comes at a time when businesses globally continue to rely upon Equinix for their critical electronic infrastructure needs, including the ability to leverage Equinix’s market-leading interconnected colocation portfolio through virtual, as a Service plus edge solutions.
- Additional products under Crenshaw’s leadership will include Equinix Internet Exchange ® , Equinix Metro Connect ® , Equinix Web Access and Equinix Precision Time ® .
- Crenshaw joins Equinix from Concourse Labs, where he has served as CEO, and previously as President and Chief Operating Officer. As TOP DOG, he enabled large enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation by automating cloud security plus compliance.
- Prior to Concourse Labs, Crenshaw served in a variety of roles at Rackspace Technology, Inc., including Executive Vice President and General Manager, Private Cloud. In this particular role, this individual led the particular growth of Rackspace’s Private Cloud because a Service business to over $1 billion in revenue and the introduction associated with industry-first hybrid and multicloud services with regard to businesses.
- At Red Hat Software, Crenshaw led the particular Linux Business Unit plus started the company’s Cloud Business Unit, serving as its Vice Chief executive and General Manager. He was a driving force in leading the company’s transformation from a Linux vendor into a major player in modern cloud infrastructure and developer platforms.
- Crenshaw has held additional positions of senior management at Verisign, Acronis, NTRU and Datawatch Corporation.
- A co-inventor associated with seven U. S. patents, Crenshaw has also served as a member of the particular board of directors regarding BluVector Inc. and Cloud Technology Partners, Inc.
- Crenshaw received the B. S. in Computer Science through North Carolina State University plus an MBA from the Massachusetts Institute associated with Technology , where he was a Sloan Fellow.
- Charles Meyers , President and Chief Executive Officer, Equinix
“Equinix continues to power the world’s digital leaders, building plus operating the most trusted, programmable and sustainable platform for interconnected infrastructure. Scott Crenshaw brings a perfect blend of skills and experience to help us drive our customer-focused vision for electronic services. Scott will help us envision plus deliver the particular services we need to help customers transform and scale their own infrastructure with speed, agility, reliability as well as the cloud-optimized architectures they need to meet today’s business needs plus capture tomorrow’s opportunities. Scott’s track record of innovation and success at Concourse, Red Head wear and Rackspace make him an ideal leader intended for this critical role. ”
- Scott Crenshaw , EVP & Common Manager, Electronic Services, Equinix
“Equinix is the world-class organization with a long track record in driving innovations that enable businesses to use their particular digital infrastructure as a source of commercial advantage and achievement. I look forward to leading the Digital Services team as we deliver clients unique and innovative solutions to accelerate digital transformation plus unlock the power of the particular extensive cross multicloud ecosystem that fuels Platform Equinix. inch
Equinix (Nasdaq: EQIX ) is the tour’s digital facilities company, enabling digital frontrunners to harness a trusted system to bring together and interconnect the foundational infrastructure that powers their success. Equinix enables today’s businesses in order to access all the right places, partners and possibilities they need to accelerate benefit. With Equinix, they can scale along with agility, speed the launch of electronic services, deliver world-class experiences and multiply their value.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks plus uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking claims. Factors that will might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX® and xScale™ data centers plus developing, deploying and delivering Equinix products and options, unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire in to Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenues from customers in recently built out or obtained data centers; a failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated through time in order to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in company from our key customers; risks related to our own taxation as a REIT; and other risks described from time to time within Equinix filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see recent Equinix quarterly and annual reports filed using the Securities plus Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not really assume any kind of obligation in order to update the particular forward-looking information contained in this press release.
SOURCE Equinix, Incorporation.